Friday, August 12, 2011

When do I start?

I'm trying my hardest to remain stress-free as I plan to start my first year of homeschooling. Thankfully, it's kindergarten, and I don't need to worry about a specific amount of hours for the state or anything like that. However, everyone around me has started already, and I can't help but feel like I'm behind. I'm not, and it's really about whatever schedule I want to create, but I can't help but feel anxious about it!

I can already tell this is a lesson I will be learning over and over in this journey:

Don't compare yourself to everyone else
- just do what God has given YOU and YOUR kids.

I had planned on getting all of my supplies together last week, but 2 year old Milli came down with a horrendous virus that peaked at a 106.5 fever. It was ROUGH. Then I took Optimus for a day to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to get him out of the house and get us both away from the germs. Poor guy needed a break from all the sickness.

I have a "shopping cart" full of various items from discountschoolsupply.com - clay, pencils, stamps, writing sheets, etc. But I haven't ordered them yet. Hoping I will have everything ready over the next couple of weeks and ready to start in the beginning of September.

I don't know if anyone will ever read this blog, as I haven't shared it with anyone, but I think it will be helpful for me somehow. If you do come across it, please say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment